I grew up working on my Papaw's farm driving tractors raking hay. Basically, you take the hay and put it in straight rows for the person driving the hay bailer. The straighter the better, it helps the bailer pick up all the hay as it goes in to make bails. Every once and a while I would look back to admire work. As I turned my head, I would turn the steering wheel on the tractor too. Every time messing up the row that I was laying down. I had to learn, pick a point and drive toward it. If I did that then I never had problems with keeping the rows straight.
We need to look specifically at Christ and use him for the point we are aiming towards. When God delivers us from something we have to take our selves and move on. God's view of stuff is straight forward. When we ask for forgiveness it is gone. As humans we can't just forget that easy.We have to make ourselves move to the next place in our lives. We say it is hard to move on. Yes it is hard to move on but nothing good ever comes from looking back on something God has forgotten. Look forward keep our eyes on the future God has for us.
Lot's wife was to concerned with her past. She kept looking back at her life and what she had been delivered from. If she had kept her eyes forward we would probably know her as something besides Lott's wife. God has plans for all of us just keep moving forward toward him and you will make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment