In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
It drives me nuts when someone says, "I can't be creative". I mean, it isn't like it is a special spiritual gift. Being creative to me, falls under the whole, "made in God's image" statement. God is a creator. He made us to be also. Is it harder for some people, maybe. Can it be accomplished by anyone? I think so. I have made a simple equation to teach all you not creative people how to be creative. Here is my simple mathematic equation for creativity:
A + B or C = Creativity
A= God
All creativity begins with God. In the beginning God created... He is the greatest creator. He is the source to start with and for all purposes he helps with everything else. It's okay to ask God for help being creative. I think just about every pastor and creative team for every church does it. Does he care about little things we are needing to be creative about. Sure he does. He cares enough to count the hairs on our head.
B= Life Experience
Be open to try new things. I find that people that are excessively creative are people that do stuff. It is important that we get out of our comfort zones at times. Meet new people. I know introverts will kill me for saying that. I live with one. We can gain understanding of other things when we talk with others. Try new stuff. Sitting at home watching TV or looking on Facebook what others are doing will never help you be creative. It is always fun what God shows you through adventures. Go new places. You don't understand that the Grand Canyon really looks like a painting until you go and see it. Creativity blossoms when you have life experience.
C= Imagination
When you are a child imagination is promoted. When you are an adult, not so much. Dream about things. Creativity can be driven by imagination. The question "What if?" should never be taboo. It should be a regular occurrence for us as adults. Use your imagination. Let the Holy Spirit guide it. It isn't a bad thing.
God wants you to be creative in your life. He wants you to be creative in ministry, parenting, our work, and in many aspects of our lives. Don't be afraid of being creative or creative people (even when they do seam a little strange). You are a creative person. You were made in the image of the greatest creator.
No comments:
Post a Comment