Monday, October 17, 2011

Lest We Forget

I wonder how much we forget? I had a friend this week say he didn't know what plagiarizing was. I asked. "Um, didn't you ever write a paper in high school?" HIs response was a simple, "Yeah, but I just didn't remember." He may even think that I am plagiarizing now that I didn't give his name. I don't think I am. I won't mention his name to protect his privacy. It also allows me to continue to make fun of him and not worry about every body else joining in and him getting offended like the time I made fun of his pink shirt(s). The question remains, how much do we forget? I do remember that a professor in college of mine used to always use the phrase, "Well that guy has forgotten more than I have learned". I know, I am not looking forward to either of my children taking algebra and trying to remember how to answer stuff and show work. Do we have this massive case of Alzheimer's? How is it that I can remember that Carlos Baerga is the only person in the history of baseball to hit home runs from both sides of the plate in the same inning, but I can not remember to take out the trash on Tuesday morning when all the houses on our street have trash cans on the curb? Do we mean to forget stuff? Is there some sub conscience affect that obtains our brain on things we don't want to remember? What was the point of this blog anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment