Each day we are given blessings. Some days they are obvious. Some days, we completely miss the blessings that are out there. We catch the obvious ones but by the way I see it, the ones we miss are so much more important. I have been blessed in obvious ways (I realize that may sound a tad conceited). I remember when my wife was pregnant with Scout, our first child and a family in our church walked up and blessed us with a couple hundred dollars in small unmarked bills. I remember when Cooper was sick as an infant, we were blessed to have great doctors and a great church family that ministered to us during that tough time. I can honestly say I have had some major blessings in my life.
I just want to make sure that the small blessings, the ones that tend to pass us by. I want to make sure I appreciate those too. The word of encouragement that someone gives in passing. The idea the random worker gives me. The friend that is willing to listen to me vent. The family member that is praying for me daily. I want to be appreciative of those little things just as much as the blessings that to everyone else are huge.
So, I hope all of you are blessed and you remember the people that have blessed you.
No comments:
Post a Comment