Here is a place where I can put down some things in my head. It may be spiritual it might not be. I hope if you read it, you enjoy.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Healthcare: my take
I sat up Sunday night watching CSpan. I don't think I have ever watched CSpan for more than 20 seconds at a time. I found myself just getting so frustrated at leaders that disagreed with my point of view. It was ridiculously frustrating. When congressmen that were on my side spoke, I found myself almost cheering them on. I understand the idea of helping people that can't afford healthcare. I understand creating laws to protect people from getting booted from their insurance because they are sick. My question is when did the job of helping the needy and taking care of the sick become the responsibility of the government. I always thought it was the job of the church. I know many churches have drastically decreased helping people for multiple reasons. People trying to take advantage of churches and the economy just to name a couple of them. How do we get back to the church being the place people go for help. I pray that God would give us the ability to get our churches back to a place of taking care of the needy and the sick. It may be the only way to save our nation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post, Darrell!
ReplyDeleteYou're right Darrell... it's not the governments job - never has been and never will be. The church as a whole has to stop believing the lie that there is a separation of church and state - other than the state staying out of the churches business. We, as Christians should be heavily involved in politics and directly influencing who sits in government seats.
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid we - as the church - have fallen asleep and forgotten to man the post of the political arena - and we as a nation are suffering for it.