Friday, January 15, 2010

Starting

I wanted to start a blog as a new years resolution. I figured today would be as good as any to get started because January is half over. I have been here at our new church now for nearly 2 months. The excitement is still going strong. I think my family settling into routines and making friends. It is a wonderful time to be at our house. As hard as it is to move, I think there is something very cool about starting new. Get to meet new people and have fresh experiences. It feels like you have no limitations. I can do anything and propose anything and it feels like it will work and get accepted.

Is this what new Christians feel like? They find something new in their lives. They feel like they can do anything because of this new relationship they have. They have found a fresh dose of empowerment in their lives. How often do Christians get beaten down by being a Christian?

I have always said I have an issue with people that get burned out by doing the thing God has put a passion in their lives for. I don't think I ever read in the Bible where Paul got burned out from doing ministry? Or Peter needing to take a break from church because he had to much going on?

Boy this blog is moving all over the place. I guess that is what is going on in my head. Always scatter shooting. Just a few thoughts.... Go Cowboys beat the Vikings!

1 comment: