Pastor Cecil was our visitation pastor when I moved to SanAntonio. Since he has been sick the last few weeks I have thought of the different times we spoke. I always really appreciated his wisdom in staff meetings. I knew when I spoke in Bible Study if he complimented me it really meant something. I won't ever forget teaching in Adult Bible Study and him looking at Opal during my closing prayer and telling her to turn her phone off because it rang.
I was struck yesterday though not by my memories, they are very special to me. I was struck by the heritage his family presented at the funeral. His granddaughter spoke of ministry and his sons spoke of his relationship with Christ. If anyone ever says generations are not effected by the witness of parents and grandparents they are truly mistaken. I knew Pastor Cecil lived it. His kids and grandkids knew that too. They knew when they needed prayer they could call him because he had a direct line to God. They understood when he spoke, he understood the will of God.
I pray my kids know that of me. I pray my children know the moment struggles come they can come to me for prayer. I pray that my family sees me as a light. I hope that when I am older I can look at the generations of my family and they see me as a real follower of Christ. I think that's the important legacy for anyone. Thanks Pastor Cecil for being such an example even after you reached your goal, heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment